Achieving Fast, Accurate NAS Migrations In 5 Key Steps
StorageReview.com, March 19th, 2020
March 19, 2020,
Volume 264, Issue 3
Gartner estimates 83 percent of data migration projects either fail or exceed their budgets and schedules
"This is likely due to the fact that many companies still operate without the aid of dedicated migration software. Trying to navigate a Network-Attached Storage (NAS) migration with outdated and incompetent tools means:
- High cost of both internal and external personnel
- Increased risk across all aspects of the project from data integrity to reputation of the migration team
- Increased number of switchover events with extended outage durations
- Disruption to the business
- Lack of proper reporting and governance
- Skilled staff distracted by migrations instead of working on strategic initiatives
All these challenges can be avoided or significantly mitigated by following a solid migration process..."
Read More ...